Friday, August 3, 2012

Business Press is Clueless

Matt Taibb's observation in his Rolling Stone piece where he commented that Sandy Weill's reconsideration as "an instant YouTube classic. The very funniest part, I thought, was the response of Squawk Box host Andrew Ross Sorkin, the single most credulously slobbering financial reporter on the planet this side of Maria Bartiromo. Even he was so shocked by Weill’s comments that he lost his voice – "I’m speechless," he said. " 

Taibb's editorial jogged me enough to realize that I get better investment insight from everything other than business journalism.  This came to me particularly hard when reading in "Vanity Fair," of all journals, about Microsoft this past month.  That article explained the puzzlement I felt about Microsoft for many years about which I never got a hint in the business press.  My high opinion of Jamie Dimon, for example, comes from the business press and my current puzzlement regarding him and J P Morgan Chase requires another "Vanity Fair" article delineating where and when he went from promoting shareholder value to empire building.

No comments:

Post a Comment