Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A legislative vacuum cleaner

I find Conservatives too hard line with their unwillingness to talk and negotiate with the other side.  If I were in political office with a Libertarian agenda of More Liberty and Less Government I would make a pack with the devil along these lines;  Okay Mr. Big Government Politician I'll support your odious legislation if you include the deletion of ten laws, rules, initiatives and or whatever on a line by line basis as part of the package.

This sort of deal making could go on for a decade clearing the deadwood in the Congressional Record before a staffer may observe, "Oh my God we have run out of stupid laws to eliminate".  In the meantime looking them up and expanding upon the sheer unmitigated lunacy of many of them would be a fun activity from which to base a career as a political comedian and the effect would be like a legislative vacuum cleaner clearing the complexity of government.

No comments:

Post a Comment